These official rules have been translated for the participating countries listed below. In the event of any inconsistency, the English version shall apply and prevail.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ICECOOL Antarctica (“Promotion”) begins at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on January 15, 2019 (“Promotion Period”). The promotion contains a contest of skill (“Contest”).The computer clock of Sponsor is the official time-keeping device in the Promotion.
- ENTRANTS UNDER THE AGE OF 18: If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you must have the consent of your parent or guardian to enter the Contest. Within these official rules, “You” means you and your parent or guardian.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico), who are thirteen (13) (except Alabama and Nebraska, 19 and 21 in Mississippi) years of age or older at the time they enter the Contest or cast a vote, as described below. Also eligible are legal residents of Australia, Austria, China, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Ukraine and United Kingdom who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time they enter the Contest or cast a vote. Employees, officers and directors of Brain Games Publishing SIA (the “Sponsor”), and any of its subsidiaries and affiliates, Atalia, Amigo, Asmodee UK, Boosterbox, Brain Games, Desyllas Games, Hobby Japan, I Games, Lautapelit, Lifestyle LTD, Ludicus, Luma Games, Mindok, Oliphante, Reflexshop, Rebel, SD Distibuciones, Swan Panasia, The Regan Group, VR Distribution, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, and fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion, you release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Parties, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing, from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of any prize. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- TIMING: The Promotion will consist of three (3) phases, as detailed below:
- Contest Entry and Voting Period: Begins at 9:00:00 AM ET on October 1, 2018 and ends at 8:59:59 AM ET on January 15, 2019
- Judging Period: There will be two (2) Judging Periods, as detailed below:
- Regional Judging: Judging for the Contest Regional Prize Winners (as defined below) begins at 9:00:00 AM ET on January 15, 2019 and ends at 8:59:59 AM ET on January 27, 2019
- Global Judging: Judging for the Contest Global Prize Winner (as defined below) begins at 9:00:00 AM ET on January 27, 2019 and ends at 8:59:59 AM ET on February 4, 2019
- Winner Announcement: The Winners will be announced on or about February 4, 2019
VIDEO REQUIREMENTS: Your video must adhere to the requirements listed below to be accepted.
- The term ‘trickshot’ means you move a penguin with a finger in a way that seems unlikely, impossible or requires a significant amount of skill
- Your trickshot can be supported with any different kind of equipment enhancing the creativity of the trickshot and video (make a roller coaster, slider etc.) as long as it starts with a finger flick and follows the requirements below
- The ICECOOL game box must be shown within the video for at least one (1) second
- Your video must be one (1) minute or less in length.
- Your video file cannot exceed 500MB
- You video file must be in one of the following formats to be accepted: MPG, MP4, MOV, WMV, AVIOnce you are satisfied, click next to submit your video (“Submission” or “Entry”) to be reviewed by the Sponsor. Your video must adhere to the “Requirements of Contest Entries” listed below to be valid. Entries that do not contain all required entry information, or are considered inappropriate for any reason are not eligible. Approved videos will be posted to the gallery on the Website for Judging and Public Vote, as detailed below. Upon submitting your video, you will receive one (1) Entry into the Contest (“Contest Entry” or Entry”) for your participating country. Once your video is in the gallery you will be able to share your Entry with others via social media.Limit of one (1) Entry per person, per email address, per day throughout the Promotion Period.
REQUIREMENTS OF CONTEST ENTRIES: Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- Is sexually explicit; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- Is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- Appears to duplicate any other submitted Contest Entries;
- Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- Contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission;
- Contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
- Contains any individual other than the you and/or any materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without providing legal releases for such use in a form satisfactory to Sponsor;
- Contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
- Violates any law.By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that the work submitted is original to you and that neither it nor its contents infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party. If your Entry includes likenesses of third parties (such as, but not limited to makeup artist or subject) or contains elements not owned by you (such as, but not limited to, company logos) you must be able to provide legal releases for such use in a form satisfactory to Sponsor or your Entry will be disqualified.By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant permission for your Entry to be posted on the Website or other websites. You agree that Promotion Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Promotion Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry. You agree that you will not use the Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Entry to any online social networks (other than for entry into this Promotion), without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.By submitting an Entry, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may receive other Entries under this Promotion that may be similar or identical to the Entry submitted by you, and you waive any and all claims you may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any other Entry reviewed and/or used by Sponsor may be similar to your Entry and you understand that you will not be entitled to any compensation because of Sponsor’s use of such other similar or identical material.
- The term ‘trickshot’ means you move a penguin with a finger in a way that seems unlikely, impossible or requires a significant amount of skill
- PUBLIC VOTE: To vote, you must be eligible for the Promotion as stated above at the time of voting. Voting begins at 9:00:00 AM ET on October 1, 2018 and ends at 8:59:59 AM ET on January 15, 2019. To place a vote, visit the Website during the Contest Entry and Voting Period. You must follow the on-screen instructions to submit your name and email address (as well as any other required information), if you haven’t done so previously. Upon submitting your name and email address, you will be able to place one (1) vote for your favorite Entry from within the gallery. You are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means or which subvert or impair the integrity of the voting process will be void. Any attempt to exceed the limited number of votes, shall give the Sponsor the right to void the votes in question and disqualify the Entry, at its sole discretion. Limit of one (1) vote per person, per email address, per day, throughout the Contest Entry and Voting Period. A “day” is understood to mean 12:00 a.m. ET through 11:59 p.m. ET.
- JUDGING: The Judging Period will be broken out into two (2) periods: (1) judging for the Contest Regional Prize Winners (“Regional Judging”) and (2) judging for the Contest Global Grand Prize Winner (“Global Judging”) as detailed below:REGIONAL JUDGING: Begins at 9:00:00 AM ET on January 15, 2019 and ends at 8:59:59 AM ET on January 27, 2019. For the Regional Judging, the Sponsor will select a judging panel for each participating country (collectively the “Regional Judging Panelists”) who will perform the judging to select the top five (5) Entries for each participating country. Regional Judging will be based on the following criteria (the “Judging Criteria”):
- Skill of Trickshot (25%)
- Creativity (25%)
- Public voting rank in a country (50%)The Regional Judging Panelists will score each Entry for their participating country up to the maximum amount of one hundred (100) points allowed. These top five (5) Entries will go onto the Global Judging. The Regional Judging Panelists will deem the potential Contest Regional Prize Winners from these top five (5) Entries per participating country. The number of potential Contest Regional Prize Winners is based on the number of Contest Regional Prizes available per country as featured on the Website.In the event of any ties, the Entry with the higher number of votes received during the Contest Entry and Voting Period will be deemed the winner.
GLOBAL JUDGING: Global Judging begins at 9:00:00 AM ET on January 27, 2019 and ends at 8:59:59 AM ET on February 4, 2019. For the Global Judging, the judging panel, selected by the Sponsor (the “Global Judging Panel”) will perform the judging to select the Contest Global Grand Prize Winner. Global Judging will take into consideration the top five (5) Entries from all participating countries and be based on the Judging Criteria listed above. The one (1) Entry with the highest score from the Global Judging Panel will be deemed the potential Contest Global Prize winner.In the event of any ties, the Entry with the higher number of votes received during the Contest Entry and Voting Period will be deemed the winner.In the event of a tie with the score from the Judging criteria in either of the Judging periods listed above, an additional “tie-breaking” a judge will be brought in to evaluate the tied Entries, based on the Judging Criteria above. Sponsor reserves the right not to award all prizes or to choose fewer than those listed in Section 8 and listed on the Website, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Voting counts will be kept confidential and will not be shared with anyone outside of the Promotion Parties.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winners will be sent a prize notification within three (3) business days of winner selection via email and/or phone call or as soon as reasonably practicable. The potential winners of prizes that exceed $600 will be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release via email. All forms must be completed, signed, notarized and returned to Administrator within ten (10) days of date of issuance. Potential winner(s) will have ten (10) days to respond to winning notification before forfeiting their prize. Potential winner becomes the “Winner” only after verification of eligibility by Sponsor. If the potential winning entrant of any prize cannot be contacted; is ineligible; fails to claim the prize; if the Prize Notification is returned undeliverable; or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and the prize will be awarded to an alternate potential winner selected by the Judging panels. Prizes will be awarded only upon winner redemption, confirmation, verification and final approval by Sponsor. No substitution, transfer of any prize or cash alternative permitted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, if prize, or portion of prize, becomes unavailable. Winners will be announced on or about February 4, 2019 on the Website. All prizes will be fulfilled in approximately six (6) to eight (8) weeks after the Promotion has ended with the exception of the Contest Grand Prize which will be fulfilled on the dates below.If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein.
- PRIZES/PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: The Promotion Prizes will consist of One (1) Contest Global Grand Prize and several Contest Regional Prizes for each participating country.
- CONTEST GLOBAL GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Contest Grand Prize will be awarded and will consist of:
- One (1) trip for two (2) (Winner and one (1) guest) to Antarctica from December 2-11, 2019. The trip package includes:
- Round-trip coach air transportation for winner and guest from a major airport, as determined by Sponsor, near the winner’s home to Ushuaia, Argentina (the embarkation and disembarkation location)
- One (1) double occupancy cabin on a new and advanced vessel, Hondius for ten (10) days/nine (9) nights
- Two inspiring activities including:
- One (1) night of camping out under the Antarctic night sky with all the camping gear provided for use
- Kayaking for two (2) through the Polar waters where you’ll will explore the shorelines of the Polar regionsThe Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Contest Global Grand Prize is $18,000 USD.
CONTEST REGIONAL PRIZES: All Contest Regional Prize details can be found within the prizing sections on the Website. A participating country must first be selected to view the Contest Regional Prizes that will be awarded to the Contest Regional Prize Winners for that specific country.
GRAND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Actual prize value depends on the location of the winner’s residence and dates of travel. Travel must be taken December 2 – 11, 2019 and must be reserved six (6) months days in advance or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Winner is responsible for any transportation not specifically noted in these rules. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents prior to travel. Certain restrictions, as determined by Sponsor, may apply. Sponsor will attempt to accommodate winner’s preferred itinerary, but all specifics thereof will be at Sponsor’s discretion. If winner and guest cannot comply with these restrictions or any other portion of these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner will be chosen. Winner and travel guest must travel from major airport closest to the winner’s residence, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Any picture identification requirements associated with air travel are the winner and travel guest’s responsibility. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice and trip must be taken on a dates specified above. If winner and guest cannot travel on the dates specified by Sponsor, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected from among all remaining eligible Entries. Flight details are subject to availability and airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. The trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost or mutilated tickets and none will be replaced. Airline tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and are not valid for upgrades. All prize details will be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If any portion of the prize is not available for any reason then the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute that portion of the prize with another prize of comparable or greater value. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless the child or legal ward of winner, and must complete and return a publicity and liability release within ten (10) days of date of issuance. If guest is the child or legal ward of the winner, winner must execute and return all required documents on behalf of such child or legal ward. If winner is a minor his/her guest must be a parent or legal guardian. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not listed herein as part of the prize including, without limitation, ground transportation (other than that specified above as included in prize), luggage fees, souvenirs, miscellaneous hotel expenses, and gratuities are the sole responsibility of winner.
- CONTEST GLOBAL GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Contest Grand Prize will be awarded and will consist of:
- PRIZE LIMITATIONS: Limit of one (1) Contest Regional Prize for their participating country per person/per household. A Contest Regional Prize Winner is eligible for the Contest Global Grand Prize. If it is discovered during prize verification you have entered, attempted to enter, or used multiple accounts to enter more than the stated limit, you will be disqualified at the discretion of the administrator, or will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means, which subvert the entry process, are void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Promotion Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or undelivered prizes.
- GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prize will only be awarded by Sponsor upon potential winners’ verification of eligibility and final approval by Sponsor. No prize substitution, cash equivalent of prizes, transfer or assignment of prizes is permitted, except by Sponsor which reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. If any winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein.
- RELEASE: As a condition of entering the Promotion, you agree that (1) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, and any claims, judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form class action; and (3) in no event will you be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS PROMOTION PARTIES AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS OF EACH, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WHICH MAY BE DUE TO OR ARISE OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE/MISUSE OR POSSESSION OF PRIZES, OR ANY PRIZE-RELATED TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY. YOU WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- DISCLAIMER: Promotion Parties are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that tampers with the entry process. Sponsor also reserves the right to terminate, suspend, cancel or modify the Promotion and award the prizes for the Promotion from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received (i) as of the date of termination using the judging procedure outlined above if for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other causes that may corrupt or impair the integrity, fairness or proper play of the Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible or liable for any events which may cause errors and/or the Promotion to be stopped, including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, nor are they responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or cable, satellite, or Internet Service Providers, computer equipment, software or any other failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to yours or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible for computer, mechanical, technical, electronic, network or other errors or problems, including any errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of Entries, or in any other Promotion-related materials. Promotion Parties may stop you from participating in this Promotion if you violate Official Rules or act, in Sponsor’s sole discretion: (a) in a manner Sponsor determines to be not fair; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. In no event will more prizes be awarded than that listed within Section 8 and within the prizing sections on the Website.CAUTION: ANY ACT OR ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTION PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or winners, Sponsor, and administrator in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Riga, Latvia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the Riga, Latvia or any other jurisdiction), which might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Riga, Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the courts of Riga, Latvia. You hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non-convenience or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have. If you are a resident of Germany or France, this venue provision may not apply. A competent court will determine the venue according to German or French law.
- TAX INFORMATION: All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner. If the Contest Global Grand Prize Winner is a resident of the United States, a 1099 tax form will be issued to them.
- WINNERS LIST: The winners will be announced on the Website after winner verification on or about February 4, 2019.
- SPONSOR: Brain Games Publishing SIA, Ausmas Street 6A, Riga, LV-1006, Latvia
- ADMINISTRATOR: The Regan Group, 360 West 132nd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90061